My youngest son is ten.
This is his last year in elementary school, and it’s parent/teacher conference week, with half days all week. What better week for a ROAD TRIP!
I won’t be able to do this next year. This is it, my friend. Next year is the dreaded, evil middle school—aka Jr. High.
Since someone has to stay home and take care of my older son and make the money, I need to go on the trip.
So, this car trip consists of my ten-year-old and me. I had originally planned to take him all the way to LegoLand, in San Diego, a place he’s always wanted to visit. But, because of a meeting that falls smack in the middle of the week (you know who you are) I had to shorten the trip.
And what was my son’s second choice—since he couldn’t go to Legoland? That’s right, you guessed it, The Madonna Inn.
What do you mean you didn’t guess The Madonna Inn?
Ten reasons why we like the Madonna Inn:
1. It’s located in one of the most beautiful parts of the country.
2. It’s located in one of the prettiest towns in California.
3. It has one of the best, brand-new heated pools anywhere.
4. In it’s restaurant, it has the greatest men’s room in the world.
5. Pink chenille bathrobes.
6. Every room has a different tacky theme that you will talk about for years to come.
7. None of those silly pillow top mattresses and fluffy pillows–It’s slabs of foam all the way baby.
8. It’s close to Pismo Beach.
9. It’s never crowded.
10. Really nice people work there.